Company Generac Power Systems
Name Supplier Performance Specialist
Req # 54804
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. Throughout the company's history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need... both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion.
The Supplier Performance Specialist is responsible for implementing various Supplier Performance Improvements while executing within a dynamic, people focused environment. Reporting to the Supplier Relationship Manager, this position will maintain and improve Generac's Supplier Performance Management program. Through the collection and analysis of key data, the individual will identify and drive key performance improvements. The Supplier Performance Specialist is also responsible for a number of diverse actions within the organization, with principal focus on sourcing, supplier management, and supplier development, improving upon an agile and aggressive supply base while supporting the procurement of high quality goods at a fair and competitive price.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage SAP system updates for all pricing changes, develop and implement improvements associated with process control;
- Support the negotiation and recovery of all unfavorable pricing proposals using credit/debit process;
- Audit supplier invoicing and manage all pricing discrepancies accordingly
- Review and analyze reported purchase price variances and total cost of ownership
- Responsibility for the maintenance and enhancement of the Supplier Scorecard;
- Communicate supplier scorecards as required under the guidance of the Commodity Manager;
- Prepare presentations for supplier management activities including supplier strategy, corrective action, and continuous improvement;
- Collect Market Intelligence data; develop benchmarks and analysis for supplier improvements and performance within each specified Category;
- Record and audit reported savings and total cost of ownership;
- Communicate and drive accountability of supplier performance that aligns with the supplier communication and delivery policy.
- Develop, process and maintain required documentation as advised by cross-functional teams; follow retention policy as required;
- Support Category Manager and Aftermarket Operations ;
- Aid in material management escalations;
- Utilize Supplier Relationship software such as SAP ARIBA to support improved supplier execution.
- Develop and execute supplier based projects that support Aftermarket sales strategies;
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 1 year experience in Supply Chain role or related work environment
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- 1 year experience using various supplier management techniques.
- 1 year experience with Business Intelligence (BI) software such as SAP Hana, IBM Cognos, or other;
- 1-year experience using ERP and Supplier Relationship software packages such as SAP, Oracle, JDE, Baan, Visual or Ariba.
- Experience using Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma concepts & methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret data and database application knowledge;
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Knowledge of supplier contracts, product conformity, quality tool box and problem solving methodologies;
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques including strategic supplier concepts;
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) software and statistical analysis tools;
- Knowledge of supply solutions that optimize business investment costs;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data;
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."