Company Generac Mobile Products
Name Outside Sales Representative
Req # 55232
Location Waukesha MOBILE
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now, instead we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
In the role of the Outside Sales Representative, you would be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing all sales related activities within the assigned region covering customers and channels including rental, construction, municipal and other as assigned. This individual is responsible for achieving market share growth of specified Generac Product's to existing customers and distribution, adding strategic new rental customers, and delivering on our brand promise every day. The Outside Sales Representative promotes and communicates the features and benefits of the product offering through sales arguments, product demonstrations and competitive comparisons in the market.
Primary distribution focus is: regional equipment rental outlets; independent rental accounts, targeted end users and assigned national accounts within assigned area and approved distributors within the assigned region.
The Outside Sales Representative will be required to identify and qualify appropriate market segments and their distribution channels to grow and expand the company's existing business. Excellent cooperation, communication, and support with the entire Generac sale team are required to be successful in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow market share across the assigned territory by building meaningful relationships, promoting products and driving revenue
- Implement the overall sales strategy aligned to meet or exceed budgeted sales performance targets, derived from the annual corporate strategic plan.
- Plans, conducts and coordinates technical sales training sessions and product demonstrations on existing and new products for distributors and customers.
- Develops and executes focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration. Manage and maintain a CRM database for assigned territory.
- Identify potential new customers, channels and partnering opportunities.
- Develop plans and set goals to ensure continued sales and account growth.
- Gain deep understanding of regional market, business and competitive activity, market penetration and channel coverage to make recommendations for product alterations and new developments based on understanding of current industry and market trends and competitors.
- Develop forecasts for existing account
- Coordinates special marketing or growth program sales efforts as requested.
- Manage discount levels, freight and terms while maintaining acceptable margins.
- Prepares and submits routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, SAP analysis and other sales oriented documents as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50%
- Previous Sales Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Demonstrated efficiency with Microsoft Office products;
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication, & time management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills across the pricing spectrum;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and positively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated consultative selling techniques;
- Strong initiative and ability to tackle a new territory and grow the sales pipeline;
- Ability to travel and work nonstandard hours. Expected travel 50%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."