Company Generac Power Systems
Name Corporate Training Coordinator
Req # 55336
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Serious Power, Compelling Careers!
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. We are the #1 company is storm response, throughout the company's history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need... both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion.
In the role of Corporate Training Coordinator in Waukesha, you will be a part of the Corporate Training team. As the Corporate Training Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting the Learning Management System (LMS), report administration, and general administrative functions for the Corporate Training Department. This position also handles Corporate Training help desk inquires which include account set-up, management and basic trouble shooting for our employees and distributor/dealers. As the Corporate Training Coordinator you will also be exposed to employees from all levels in the organization.
- Support the Corporate Training help desk and assist users (internal and external) with registration and daily use of The Learning Center.
- Manage regular LMS administrative activity including group/user set up, modification of user profiles in system, pull system data, segment into regular or specially requested reports.
- Manage Computer Training driven enrollments including employee matrix, annual compliance training and special initiative activity.
- Manage non-LMS or classroom session reports for corporate initiatives and distributor training schools.
- Conduct tests on LMS to validate "proof of concept" for new activities or tracking methods implemented by CT.
- Provide regular communication to advise organization or channel groups of report availability or training requirements that must be completed.
- Oversee base administration and reporting of Industrial Dealer PDSS (Professional Development Seminar Series) program.
- Coordinate field-based session locations/schedules and provide ongoing communication with channel sales personnel.
- Process all related paperwork for registration; Forward pre-course materials kits and other required communications to registrants.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in an office setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."