Company Generac Power Systems
Name Instructional Designer
Req # 55326
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and paving a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now, instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
In the role of Instructional Designer in Waukesha you will part of the corporate training team. As she Instructional Designer you will create and deliver employee-based training curriculum that is focused on a variety of topics including but not limited to onboarding, professional skills, leadership skills, functional/technical skills, systems training, process training and safety/compliance training. On occasion, may be asked to support our Business Groups with product or skills training for their distribution partners.
- Attend meetings, gather specifications, and ask questions to understand and apply all requirements for deliverables.
- Work with subject matter experts, at various levels of the organization, to obtain objectives, content, and agreement with maximum efficiency and professionalism
- Design and develop training materials using blended, adult learning principles/ methodologies, and established team standards and best practices.
- Key classroom curriculum consists of fully illustrated visual presentations, learner's guides, job aids, role-play exercises and handouts.
- Online curriculum development includes preparing content for audio recording and editing, creating visual elements and supporting the development team by working with authoring software such as Adobe eLearning Suite as needed.
- Manage and maintain curriculum, materials and process documentation as needed or requested.
- Oversee training program implementation and execution.
- Other responsibilities may include presenting curriculum to employees in a classroom or virtual setting.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of instructional design/development/delivery experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."