Company Generac Power Systems
Name Manufacturing Operations Trainer
Req # 55344
Location Jefferson CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Manufacturing Operations Trainer is responsible for preparing and delivering train the trainer and individual training to new manufacturing and production new hires and existing employees via classroom and hands on settings. This role is responsible for maintaining a deep level of understanding of Generac products and processes and simplifying the material into comprehensive training material for employees with varying levels of knowledge/technical abilities. Training will include: new hire orientation and on the floor hands on training and mentoring. The Trainer will coordinate with departments to create appropriate training content, materials, and training experiences as well as conduct post-training surveys and adjusting delivery if needed. The Trainer may also conduct skills assessments to ensure employees meet the skills of the current and future opportunities within the facility.
This position reports into the Production Manager and is located in Jefferson, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver product, systems, process and on the job curriculum to manufacturing employees and subject matter experts ("train the trainer"). Present baseline technical information in addition to appropriate skills needed to support manufacturing as appropriate.
- Leverages feedback from internal and external stakeholders and metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement for new hire orientation and on the job training. Partners with appropriate leadership to implement changes and provides feedback to leadership team on impacts.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify training options and improvements including analyzing success of training programs through training assessments to trend and reduce turnover. Create dashboards to track metrics and progress of training through retention statistics.
- Respond timely to inquiries and requests for assistance from employees and partners. Activities may include reporting system bugs, providing continuous feedback, and partnering on improvements.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 year experience preparing and delivering class room and hands on training
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in SAP or other ERP system
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint
- Prior experience in preparing and assessing training material
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent public speaker.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail, follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and shifting priorities, moving deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, and reach above the shoulders and use power tools and vibrating tools. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."