Company Generac Power Systems
Name Tester III HSB- 1st Shift
Req # 55627
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Tester III is responsible for performing system tests, analyze malfunctions, and perform adjustments or alterations as required in order to ensure products conform to production and quality standards. Works cross-functionally with testing team, engineers, and quality assurance team.
- Experience utilizing test procedures, test programs, and written instructions to test product and/or subassemblies
- Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience in root cause problem solving (5 Why, 8D, PDCA, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of product testing and generator assembly; ability to perform basic mechanical assembly skills
- Ability to contribute to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures
- Basic PC knowledge
Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions
Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Model positive and professional work ethics
- Intermediate knowledge of mechanical testing with ability to diagnose potential failure mechanisms
- Demonstrated ability to interpret schematics and drawings in order to properly test product
- Ability to train
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, crouch, bend, and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently life and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing, and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."