Company Generac Power Systems
Name Regional Business Manager
Req # 56430
Location Waukesha IS
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Job Summary: The Regional Business Manager is responsible for sales growth, market expansion, distributor business modeling, financial positioning and go to market strategies for assigned regional distribution partners. This role will develop sales and regional distribution strategies along with marketing communication tactics to ensure execution of programs and market share growth. This position will act as a liaison between assigned regional distribution partners and key customers while working closely with distributor channel leadership, Director of Sales and Power Solutions Managers to create business plans for greater market penetration. The Regional Business Manager coordinates all marketing activities with distribution partners; building, designing and executing the plans needed to grow share within the markets of responsibility.
- Effectively negotiate sales by using direct closure strategies
- Analyze key business metrics and put plans into place for improvement
- Work with OEM/Dealer distribution channel on business analysis and financial management
- Draw valid conclusions to complex problems which includes data collection and fact gathering
- Identifies market opportunities for Generac products
- Identifies, assesses, attracts and negotiates with potential customers in any segment (e.g. commercial and industrial)
- Develop plans to drive organizational change within distribution
- Translate analytical assessments into actionable business initiatives
- Develop strategic relationships within region
- Provide world-class customer support
- Works with distributors to increase parts and service sales, leveraging Generac OEM products and services.
- Manages and expands business with existing distribution
- Develops, designs and executes short term and long term business plans related to all aspects/divisions of regional distribution partners
- Supports all promotional programs
- Administers sales training in-market as needed
- Assists in product specs and business plan to support new product development proposals.
- Coordinates all marketing activities with distribution partners
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years' progressive experience in finance or sales related field OR completion of Generac's sales rotational program (Market Focused Sales Manager)
- Engineering Degree
- Master's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective presentation skills and ability to speak in front of groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work from a home office and work independently in a field based role.
- Ability to travel to adequately cover assigned territory.
- Ability to recognize market trends and evaluate competitor strengths and weakness.
- Ability to communicate at the executive level as well as plant operational level
- Ability to understand the complex sales process and direct closure strategies
- Knowledge of pricing and executing sales strategies
- Proficiency with business analysis and financial management
- Working knowledge of OEM/Dealer distribution;
- Ability to relocate if necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."