Company Generac Power Systems
Name Regional Sales Manager - New York
Req # 57802
Location Waukesha IS
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Serious power, compelling careers!
- Develop and implement business growth plan for assigned strategic market.
- Develop a sales pipeline and execute towards the established business plan.
- Work closely with local Industrial Distributor to develop channel strategy including direct sales and development support for the distributor sales and project management team.
- Identify key electrical engineering firms, electrical contractors, general contractors and end user/owner; develop strategy to meet, educate and convince them "Why Generac".
- Assist Regional Business Managers, Power Solutions Managers and Distributors on specific projects and work directly with key electrical engineering and construction firms to achieve a Generac product being specified and sourced.
- Leverage previous technical experience to solve technical problems.
- Promotes and provides technical onsite and remote sales support of Generac Industrial products.
- Develop sales tools and competitive analysis.
- Provide real time voice-of-customer feedback to management.
- Provide input into product launches.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years' progressive experience in technical sales/sales support with specific experience in power generation, power transfer switch, automatic transfer switch or related field.
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Effective presentation skills and ability to speak in front of groups;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work from a home office;
- Ability to travel to adequately cover assigned territory.
- Ability to recognize market trends and evaluate competitor strengths and weakness;
- Ability to communicate at the executive level as well as plant operational level;
- Ability to understand the complex sales process and direct closure strategies
- Knowledge of pricing and executing sales strategies
- Proficiency with business analysis and financial management;
- Working knowledge of OEM/Dealer distribution;