Project Manager, Pipeline Controls & Cybersecurity
Located in Houston, TX.
- Job title
Project Manager, Pipeline Controls & Cybersecurity
- Contract Type
- Publication date
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
ALLI-NAM (made of Air Liquide Large Industries US LP (ALLIUS) and Air Liquide LI Canada) provides its customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. It owns and operates more than 40 production units and over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. and Canada supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, steam and power in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries.
The role of the Project Manager, Pipeline Controls & Cybersecurity LI-NAM is to lead the plant deployment of the OT Program and implement the future pipeline controls solution (SCADA). These projects are foundational to the NAM SIO Center and will ensure the sustainability of the pipeline operations required to successfully fulfill the vision of the NAM SIO Center.
The NAM SIO Center is responsible for optimizing operational profitability, detecting efficiency opportunities and diagnosing potential future reliability issues through digital technologies and centralized interventions. These actions result in an optimized supply network allowing LI-NAM to meet all customers' supply needs in real-time and to maximize economic performance.
The Project Manager, Pipeline Controls & Cybersecurity is a member of the LI-NAM Industrial Direction Strategic Programs and reports to the Industrial Direction Strategic Program Manager. The position is located in Houston, TX.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
Pipeline Controls (SCADA) Platform Selection & Deployment
LI NAM Cybersecuirty (OT) Project Manager
- Ensure complete documentation of the requirements, in line with the NAM SIO Center strategy which meets PHMSA requirements, while being mindful of evolving infrastructure projects such as EH, Nexus, etc.
- Evaluate off-the-shelf platforms, leveraging preliminary baseline requirements as well as high level platform capabilities.
- Work with a consultant to issue a formal RFP including implementation.
- Develop a recommendation on platform and implementation, which reflect functionality and total-cost-of-ownership.
- Responsible for securing capital approval, through the C-PR and IT PMO Gate process for IT infrastructure, including risk review.
- Ensure successful implementation of the project on time and on budget.
- Manage external consultants associated with the project evaluation and implementation.
- Manage external consultants for HMI screen development.
- Provide recommendations on run-rate support structure and associated costs.
- Support decommissioning of ALTACS as related to migration of pipeline metering data
- Work with appropriate resources to implement a remote intervention solution at Onsites plantsResponsible for leading the monthly Steering Committee to give a high level of awareness to management related to project performance and issue resolution / constraint identification.
- Act as the single business owner for LI NAM implementation of GT-13 plant-based actions.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of awareness within the Cluster Steerco related to project performance and issue resolution / constraint identification.
- Responsible for developing the business priorities and implementation schedule in association with the IT Project Manager and in collaboration with the LOPC.
- Develop associated project budget and resource requirements and work with the business to develop funding requirements and justification.
- Manage contractors and determine needs required at sites for assistance in asset analysis, network segregation and hardening activities
- Responsible for identifying deployment best practices and areas for project efficiency.
- Assists with economic analysis of proposed projects; develops alternative solutions where appropriate to reach project goals in the framework of the approved budget.
- Bachelor's degree required, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years project management experience, experience in OT projects preferred
- Familiarity and strong working knowledge of OT
- Familiarity with DCS controls preferred.
- Familiarity with PHMSA SCADA pipeline control requirements is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across stakeholders and drive meaningful resolution when stakeholders have divergent opinions.
- Highly organized and motivated individual with ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to produce high quality documents and perform presentations to customers and internal management.
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited oversight.
- Ability to manage initiatives and projects from idea generation through to execution and delivery. Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation and facilitation skills. Ability to form working alliances with internal stakeholders and suppliers.