Company Generac Power Systems
Name Industrial Engineer II
Req # 59794
Location Eagle CORP
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Industrial Engineer II is responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. The Industrial Engineer will utilize enterprise standards to lead process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation related to continuous improvement directives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to implementation of Generac Fulfillment System (GFS) across Order-to-Cash process (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver & Service).
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within operations.
- Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Implement demand driven principals and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
- Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
- Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
- Deploy standard Generac tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing Continuous Improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
- Responsibility for area layouts, process definition, and equipment justification, selection, and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology; and 3-5 years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment.
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or ProE);
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
- Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
- Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."