$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Incentive Bonuses: Paid 2 times a year
23 days of PTO and Closed on major holidays
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or a related entity on a full-time, part-time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-on Bonus.
Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by Radiation Oncologist by performing the following duties.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Reviews prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification
- Prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices, and positions patient according to prescription
- Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage
- Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to Physician
- Films patient as prescribed by the radiation oncologist
- Maintains records, reports, and files as required
- Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others
- Assists in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization
- Trains therapy students
- Attend meetings as required
- For bilingual speaking employees, act as translator to assist patients and others that may have a need
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs
- Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control
- Listens and gets clarification
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically: Upholds organizational values
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values
- Manages competing demands
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments
- Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Displays willingness to make decisions: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment: Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Prioritizes and plans work activities: Uses time efficiently
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure: Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Observes safety and security procedures: Uses equipment and materials properly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiation Therapy or Certificate in Radiation Therapy from an accredited program
- Licensed with the ARRT and the State of Texas
- CPR Certification
- Numerical ability
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands & Working Condition:
- Lifts up to 20 lbs., walks, stands may climb stairs, with some reaching, handling, and fingering to operate office machines
- Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies
- Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials
- Ability to comply with attendance requirements
- Ability to comply with Human Resource policies
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi – specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.