Company Generac Power Systems
Name Regional Development Manager - Western New York - Outdoor Power Equipment
Req # 60820
Location South Burlington CHORE
Employment Type Full Time
It's a challenge and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an industry leader. There's never been a better time to work at Generac. We're shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Regional Development Manager is responsible for sales growth, market expansion, and go to market strategies for assigned Outdoor Power Equipment dealers within the territory. This role will develop sales and regional distribution strategies along with marketing communication tactics to ensure execution of programs and market share growth. This position will act as a liaison between Outdoor Power Equipment dealers and key customers while working closely with dealer channel leadership, Director of Sales and internal departments to create business plans for greater market penetration.
This is a field sales role with no home office with a territory of Western New York and Ontario, Canada. Ideal candidate would be located in Buffalo or Rochester, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes territory opportunities and discovers customer needs.
- Develops and implements strategic relationships with key decision makers.
- Generates and develops new business.
- Works with dealers to increase parts and service sales.
- Creates solution-based sales strategies.
- Conducts sales presentations and provides training on new programs and products.
- Supports all Generac, DR Power, and Mean Green product categories.
- Manages and expands business with existing dealers.
- Develops, designs and executes short term and long term business plans.
- Coordinates all marketing activities with dealer partners.
- Supports all promotional programs.
- Provides reconnaissance of competitors' influence within territory and develops a plan to counter their influence within assigned territory.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year related experience
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to understand the complex sales process;
- The analytical ability to understand key business metrics;
- Previous trade experience, experience in the Outdoor Power Equipment industry preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences including top management;
- Effective presentation skills;
- Self- motivated with the ability to work independently in a field-based role;
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Willing to visit multiple locations daily;
- Proven ability to implement process improvements within a matrix organization;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel overnight at least 50%.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."