Company Generac Power Systems
Name Buyer III
Req # 61050
Location Trenton CORP
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing complex components and maintaining an open line of communication from a variety of suppliers as well as working cross-functionally within the company on topic such as component issues, costing or invoicing concerns, new material requirement and receiving inspections, and ECO's. Additionally, the Senior Buyer is responsible for continuously working with suppliers to improve on-time delivery and work to continuously improve raw good turns and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Execute standard purchasing processes and strategies including procure-to-pay definition and optimization.
- Support direction and strategies regarding supplier demand forecasting, supplier capacity planning, supply base inventory management, supplier replenishment and procurement transactions.
- Manage supplier on time delivery (OTD) performance, maintain system data integrity and measure performance on related key indicators (examples: past due purchase orders, open PO acknowledgements, PO expedites, non-conforming material return cycle time, and supplier invoice resolution).
- Work with Corporate Strategic Sourcing department to identify key and preferred suppliers for key categories of spend that support business unit and corporate objectives.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing, step pricing for volume discounts, and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Plan and maintain optimal level of inventory using plan for every part (PFEP).
- Proactively identify, communicate, and assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Coordinate engineering change order (ECO) activities with suppliers and internal support functions.
- Requisition major purchased items and coordinate timely processing of those parts finished outside the company.
- Establish good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Ability to apply creative problem approaches and ideas to solve problems for area of responsibility.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR equivalent experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment
- 3 years of purchasing, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Association for Operations Management (APICS);
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM);
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, contract negotiation and project management;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.