The Service Crew Lead assists the Service Crew Foreman in repairing quality building projects that are profitable and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position helps create a construction team that promotes a positive attitude, develops an atmosphere for setting and meeting goals and strives to achieve company objectives.
- Keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building, everyday
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and build according to construction plans
- Efficiently execute tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Be able to adapt to different type of repairs and think outside the box.
- The ability to trouble shoot or problem solve.
- Provide the construction expertise, organizational and communication skills necessary to complete quality building projects profitably.
- Provide leadership, in addition to the Crew Foreman, for the crew in all aspects of the building construction process.
- Assist in the technical training and re-training of crew members, including new hires, to ensure they are fully trained and follow all safety and construction procedures.
- Assist in establishing healthy workplace environments that are safe, organized, productive and enjoyable.
- Help promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect among fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Be able to work independently to complete a repair in a timely professional manner.
- Help create a positive team that enthusiastically works to achieve the objectives of the crew, the local construction center and the entire company.
- Assist in ensuring a positive construction experience for the customer.
- One or more years of experience on a successful Morton Buildings Construction Crew and/or Morton Crew Training Certification
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in quality building construction. (post-frame preferred)
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Established positive approach toward people and building projects.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership
- Participation in MBI formal training programs
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is required and maintain CDL A eligibility
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment and at various heights.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule and work in various types of weather conditions
- Skills needed to operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Treat company property, trucks, tools and equipment in a way that respects the investment
- Basic understanding and endorsement of corporate policies and procedures
- Excellent medical / dental / prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Salary is $22.50 to $24.25 per hour based on experience.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a physical and drug screen.