Morton Buildings, Inc. is theindustry leaderin post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than110 yearsand have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centersnationwide. Per year, across America, more than3,500new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Service Crew Foreman will create a team of 2-3 that repairs projects with quality workmanship in a timely manner. Have the ability to work through and solve issues if they arise.
- Provide professional leadership by creating a safe, organized work environment that is productive and enjoyable and treat all employees and customers with dignity and respect.
- Ensure crew members, including new hires, are fully trained and follow all safety and construction procedures.
- Coordinate efforts with the RM for continuous crew training and re-training
- Construction Procedure Manual and Training Manual
- Best Building Practices
- Communicate with the customer on all contractual aspects of the project
- Organize materials and plan for the daily activities
- Self motivated with the ability to trouble shoot and to work through the repair.
- Working with repair team members to develop standard repair procedure
- Working together with Field Service Specialist estimating hours and materials needed to complete the repair.
- Willing to travel with some over night stay
- Display positive attitude
- Vast Knowledge of older existing Morton buildings and Non Morton buildings.
- Lead by personal example and require cooperation by all crew employees in timely starts and stops.
- Perform and promote safe and proper use and maintenance of all tools and equipment
- Understand and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Complete all required paperwork
- Accurate reporting of time worked
- DOT driver's log
- Vehicle mileage report
- Minimum of 3 years' leadership in the building construction industry required
- Extensive experience in post-frame construction required
- Applicant must hold a valid Drivers License and Class A CDL license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of being hired
- Desire to obtain OHSA 10-Hour, Equipment Operation and Competent Person Certifications once hired
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership
- Participate in and lead our formal training programs
- Ability to measure human productivity and improve effectiveness
- Embrace accountability and ownership
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule (6 am to 6 pm) that will include Saturdays during peak construction periods
- Ability to take direction
- Produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Agree to comply with all of our safety processes and procedures
- Willingness to maintain and operate construction tools in a Safe and proper manner
- Ability to operate specialized safety equipment efficiently and effectively
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- Possess good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent medical / dental / prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Salary is $26.00 to $30.00 per hour based on experience plus bonus potential.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a physical and drug screen.