Morton Buildings, Inc. is theindustry leaderin post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than110 yearsand have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centersnationwide. Per year, across America, more than3,500new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
TheConstruction Service Crew Memberis an active member of a team repairing building projects that provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position plays an important role in helping the construction team promote a positive attitude, set and meet goals and achieve company objectives.
Bonus! Earn an additional $2000 your first year. New crew members receive an additional $500 bonus every quarter during their first year of employment with Morton Buildings. These bonuses are subject to all applicable withholding taxes.
- Learn, keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building, everyday
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and build according to construction plans
- Efficiently execute tasks needed to complete a quality building (repairing) including but not limited to: sliding door, walk door and window replacement residing and roofing, replacing sky lights, rotten post and splashboard repairs, gutters and down spouts, and general building maintenance digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Display an ability and willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule and work in various types of weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Exhibit an ability to work in a physically demanding environment including various situations that will include high climbing and heavy lifting of objects
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized, productive and enjoyable work environment treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Be able to adapt to different type of repairs and think outside the box.
- The ability to trouble shoot or problem solve.
- Willing to advance
- Help organize materials and plan for the daily activities
- Willingness to participate in and complete a 12 month training program
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Class A CDL is highly desired
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification is highly desired
- Available to work a flexible schedule (6 am to 6 pm) that will include Saturdays during peak construction periods
- Ability to take direction
- Produce quality work in an efficient manner
- Agree to comply with all of our safety processes and procedures
- Willingness to maintain and operate construction tools in a safe and proper manner
- Ability to operate specialized safety equipment efficiently and effectively
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- Possess good communication skills - both written and verbal
- This position requires 5% travel, which includes overnight travel possibly up to two weeks at a time.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401K Opportunity
Salary is $18.50 to $20.00 per hour based on experience.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.